Get started on your yarden with these quick and easy gardening tutorials for beginners by the Louisville Seedbank!
1. Prepare your soil or potting mix and pot.
2. Fill your pot with soil
3. Put your seed about half an inch into the soil and gently cover
4. Water until soil is slightly damp
1. Dig a 4-6 inch hole
2. Make sure the plant will fit in the hole
3. Remove plant from pot and place in the hole
4. Lightly move the soil back in and around plant
5. Lightly water
Make sure you properly acclimate your plant before planting!
Grow bags are an excellent option for growing root veggies like potatoes, garlic, or carrots; many of them come with velcro flaps for easy access! The green velvet material protects the roots from the heat of the sun and also potential frost.
Bird netting is also a great and natural option to keep your plants safe from critters without the need for toxic sprays.
For more gardening tutorials and information, follow the Louisville Seedbank on Facebook
If you're interested in volunteering with the Louisville Seedbank to help with seed giveaways and other volunteer opportunities, or you would like to make a donation, join the Louisville Seedbank Volunteers group
If you would like to take part in discussion and learn more about gardening and biodiversity (and see some hilarious memes), join the Louisville Seedbank Friends